Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-10889: Dean Lockhart (Mid Scotland and Fife)

Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party

Date lodged: 23 August 2017

To ask the Scottish Government what financial support it provides to ensure that (a) local authorities, (b) housing associations and (c) other housing providers meet the timescales for installing disability-appropriate adaptions that are required to be made to properties.

Answered by: Kevin Stewart 12 September 2017

Following the introduction of the Public Bodies (Joint Working) Act 2014, local authorities are required to delegate adaptations functions and budgets to local health and social care partnerships.

Funding for adaptations for owner occupied and privately rented housing comes from local authorities' general funds including from the Local Government Funding settlement from the Scottish Government. Adaptations for local authority housing is mainly funded from the local authorities' Housing Revenue Account.

For a number of years the Scottish government has provided funding to help Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) deliver housing adaptations. £10 million has been made available to RSLs in 2017-18.