Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-13320: Elaine Smith (Central Scotland)

Scottish Labour

Date lodged: 11 December 2017

To ask the Scottish Government what progress each local authority is making in providing increased social housing to support women and children leaving domestic abuse situations, broken down by the proportion being delivered by (a) the council and (b) registered social landlords.

Answered by: Kevin Stewart 20 December 2017

The Scottish Government does not monitor or hold information on how local authorities and RSLs allocate social housing properties to women and children leaving domestic abuse situations.

The Scottish Government recognises the importance of ensuring that victims of abuse are rehoused quickly to remove them from the abuse. The Scottish Government’s Social Housing Allocations: A Practice Guide provides advice on the importance of having policies to deal sensitively with victims of abuse.