Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-17563: Alison Johnstone (Lothian)

Scottish Green Party

Date lodged: 3 July 2018

To ask the Scottish Government what support it gives to local authorities to provide school holiday play schemes for disabled children.

Answered by: Maree Todd 31 July 2018

Children’s services, including for disabled children, are planned and commissioned at a local level.

There are a number of specialist services operating across local authorities providing play scheme provision and support for children with complex additional support needs and their families.

Local authorities manage their financial resources on the basis of agreed local needs and priorities.