Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-19399: Mark Griffin (Central Scotland)

Scottish Labour

Date lodged: 16 October 2018

To ask the Scottish Government what information it will receive from the DWP in cases where the earnings of a recipient of carer's allowance have breached the earnings threshold, and how Social Security Scotland will use this information for the purposes of recovering carer's allowance supplement.

Answered by: Shirley-Anne Somerville 5 November 2018

The Scottish Government receives data from the Department for Work and Pensions about who is receiving Carer's Allowance and living in Scotland on the qualifying dates for Carer’s Allowance Supplement. We do not receive information about clients’ earnings.