Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-20021: Miles Briggs (Lothian)

Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party

Date lodged: 19 November 2018

To ask the Scottish Government what responsibilities local authorities have to support housing associations to adapt homes to make them accessible for tenants with an assessed need.

Answered by: Kevin Stewart 3 December 2018

Since the integration of health and social care in 2015, local authorities' responsibilities in relation to adaptations (including for housing association tenants) have been legally delegated to Integration Joint Boards (IJBs). IJBs now are responsible for the planning and delivery of adaptations using budget created by delegation and for reviewing and developing services to improve outcomes for people who require adaptations.