Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-21746: Neil Findlay (Lothian)

Scottish Labour

Date lodged: 20 February 2019

To ask the Scottish Government which universities offer degree courses in audiology, and what plans there are for other institutions to offer these.

Answered by: Richard Lochhead 6 March 2019

Glasgow Caledonian University offer an integrated BSc in Clinical Physiology made up of four specialities, including Audiology. This course is unique, developed to provide a high quality honours degree which can meet the needs of the profession and of the NHS in Scotland. Individuals are employed by their NHS board and released for the educational component, specialising within their profession. Additionally, Queen Margaret University offers a 2 year Diploma in Higher Education in Hearing Aid Audiology. It is a matter for universities, as autonomous institutions, to make decisions over course provision.